Thursday, March 08, 2007

meme

and yet more distraction. taking one of jim bliss's recent posts as inspiration, you're gonna get one of those blog meme things (i did one last year. looking back at it, since then i've done two of the things to do before i die (and am vaguely on the way to doing another), three of the things i things i 'could not' do, and one thing that didn't expect to do again. to replace it, i'd say that one thing i'll never be able to do again - comfortably, at least - is watch 'league of gentlemen'.

so. first lines. actually, first two lines, cos i'm in a kind of subversive mood.

1)We all got born so afraid
We still search for words to describe that pain
silver mount zion: hang on to each other - shattered star

2) Pass me that lovely little gun
My dear, my darling one
- nick cave & the bad seeds: o children – jim bliss

3) Cross the street from your storefront cemetary
Hear me hailing from inside and realize

4) I wake up every day to see her back again
Screaming my name through the astral plane

5) I invested it all, you threw in a dime
It's not good enough, it's not good enough

6) Busy at home
I was happy for a while

7) I'm put together beautifully
Big wet bottle in my fist, big wet rose in my teeth
the national: all the wine – shattered star

8) I'm trying not to stare, it's too late
The blankets over there, if you like

9) There's the same hotel, and we can go there now
We can go there now if you want to

10) Alexander, our older brother
Set out for a great adventure
arcade fire: neighbourhood #2 (laika) – shattered star

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! I'm usually really good at this. But the only one I know is Number 2... O Children (by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds)... from Lyre of Orpheus; not his best album but still fantastic.

I'll bet there's something by The National in there though.

4:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you're back!

I thought #7 was The National? All The Wine? 10 is Arcade Fire's Laika.
#1: A Silver Mt. Zion. That's my lot for now.

I'll email you with update info when I've finally sorted my wordpress palava!

12:36 pm  
Blogger zoe said...

top marks to you and jim.... you're right about all the wine, carly. and arcade fire and silver mount zion.
(the now-deleted 'no,there's no national in *this* meme' comment was added late at night, after wine and without actually looking at the page. oops)

7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran half marathons and you ran a mile. It's not good enough, not good enough. - King Creosote: Not One Bit Ashamed.

12:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home