Monday, January 23, 2006

top albums of 2005

yes, i know it's late.

at the mo it's the top ten, but it will end up being edited and shuffled around to a top 20.

it's not necessarily albums *made* in 2005, just ones i heard for the first time in 2005.

the national - alligator
the arcade fire - funeral
film school - film school
the go! team - thunder lightning strike!
the devastations - devastations
calexico & iron and wine - in the reins
nick drake - five leaves left
king creosote - kc rules ok
slumberwall - the spacecat concert
arthur lee & love - forever changes

4 Comments:

Blogger drphunk said...

Hi,

I've heard about six of them. The love album is amazing. I saw arthur lee play it all in leicester a few years ago. The nick drake is really cool too. is 'one of these things first'on that album?. My love for arcade fire and the go team is well documented. King creosote is ok. His brother wrote a lot of the best beta band songs and he used to be in a band called the scubie du orchestra years and years ago. my mate played some gigs with them. I have a tape somehere I think. they were good.

funky

12:13 am  
Blogger zoe said...

phunky, you're thinking of 'bryter later', which i almost chose instead of five leaves.
i though i heard there was a beta band familial connection with kc - dig the tapes out for next week!

5:00 pm  
Blogger drphunk said...

The tapes are at my parents house so I don't think I'll have an opportunity to look for them. I will look the next time I'm back there. I'm not on call on the wednesday but I'm on on the thursday. Text me or call me the night before to confirm.

N

6:30 pm  
Blogger zoe said...

that would be excellent, jim! thank you!
um, ok we're being *really* slack - we were meant to have it finished by next week but, well, haven't.
so yeah, contributions are still more than welcome & there's still space.

i think i've given the spacecat album about three different titles in my descriptions of it, none of them right :)

8:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home